Well, we've been "in" for a few weeks now. Like, maybe, 3. And I'm only getting around to this post now. It's been busy. And there's still so much to do! But the big, messy, expensive part is over, and for that I am very grateful.
I noticed that my dear husband (once again after pressure from my mother), took some photos a few weeks ago of our new digs. These photos, clearly, are not staged in any way. The backyard shots show a muddy yard littered with kids bikes, kept somewhat hidden under a lousy tarp during the renovation. The kitchen shows our daily clutter, and the new space adjacent to the kitchen looks a bit...empty. But I have vowed to stop apologizing for all the stuff that remains to be done and to enjoy our new space. Allow me to talk about my favourite bits:
- the light! it flows from many windows cleverly tucked around the house
- the second floor laundry. So convenient! And it is steps away from my new little backyard deck, complete with turbo laundry line. Love. It.
- the kitchen! The drawers open, there is lots of counter space, and a place for everything.
- a garage attached to the house. Hey, it's winter in Canada. Need I say more?
So, little gnome, you have watched this house be torn down and built up again. It has been a very stressful time (yes, people warned me about that). But it's good to be home. And I can't wait to fill it with family, friends and memories. And hey, I'll get to those window treatments, fancy couch, backyard shed and super fantastic mudroom one day.
Monday, November 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment