Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Moving along...

So we've entered a period of much decision making. I start off full steam, then my eyes start to glaze over while pondering things like faucets, soffit colour, garage doors, knobs, ducts. Must...keep...going...

So now we have windows, which have been most useful after some huge downpours. Electrical and plumbing was done last week, and today they stuffed our house full of insulation. The siding is almost done, and I think the bricks (which we salvaged from the house) will be laid beginning tomorrow.


Looking towards the front of the house. Those cute little windows had been hiding all these years, and i was delighted to expose them once again.

Looking in the back yard. Hmm...upon reflection, those windows don't look so nice when they're covered in Saran Wrap. This is not a future window treatment I'm considering mom, so don't worry.

In exciting news, we bought a new table. I'm in love. It is exactly what I wanted: BIG (10 feet), one solid piece, full of character, and it can easily sit our big family and a lot more bodies too. I have to thank Joan, my table scout, for finding this table and tipping me off. This will be the centre of our home, and I'm already imagining many noisy gatherings around it.

No comments:

Post a Comment